So Allie and I decided that we wanted season tickets to the Hale Center Theatre in Orem for Christmas. Now, normally, the shows are mediocre at best. Occasionally a production will blow us away, but more regularly, we leave saying, "At least the costumes were good."Last night, as my mom was incapacitated, and couldn't drive, Brandon was the lucky soul who got to drive me and Allie to the performance of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels". He decided that I, the most directionally challenged person of ALL TIME, would be the navigator. So I'm sitting there, reading the directions from Google maps, trying to get us to the theatre. Well, we get to Orem just fine. But I'm stating to think that just maybe, we're not going the right direction. Before long, we reach the exit to head to Provo Canyon. Okay, obviously we are not going the right direction. So we call my dad, trying to get directions. We're already about five minutes late for the show, and I'm starting to hyperventilate a little bit. Yes, I have issues with being lost, and not knowing how I'm going to get out. So eventually we make it to the theatre. Luckily, we could get right in, and we missed very little of the opening number.
This show was AMAZING. I laughed so much, the first thing I did when I got home was ran to the bathroom. This show was not only the epitomy of classiness, but it was extremely hilarious, and had a very good story line, and music. The actors were also extremely spectacular. Not a single one of them did I question why they were cast in the role they were.
I would highly recommend that if you have the time to go, to DO IT. Afterall, it is playing until March 23.
3 comments:
Brooke wanted to HIGHLY recommend it to Grandpa G. She thought he would appreciate it most of all especially as a nice tax season diversion or even after. I guess I shouldn't have given up my ticket after all. I think it actually plays until April 24. It looks like I will be buying myself another ticket.
Welcome guest poster, Brooke. I think you may have convinced me to give this a try. Hope you are feeling okay and adjusting to your new diagnosis.
Welcome to the blog world!
I can't wait to get caught up with your sweet fam.
Post a Comment