Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blessings

As I have set up home base in my bedroom (my bed has become my desk, table, couch,and sometimes sleeping place) I have been enjoying having my kids "stop in" and visit with me when they return home from school. It has given me a chance to catch up on what is going on with them and listen to the little details of their day that I usually don't get to hear. There is something lost if you don't catch them right when they walk in the door. I am grateful for this blessing.

Being called as Young Women's President four days before foot surgery, not knowing when I was going to be able to actually be there was also a little daunting. How greatful I have been for the time at home to get things organized, for the time to study my handbooks, communicating with my presidency, and all the other things it takes to get things going!! It has become a part-time job for the past few weeks. I am grateful for this blessing.

My family has been the recipients of meals (lunches and dinners), subs at school and young women's, cards, phone calls, visits, housecleaning and prayers. I am so grateful for this blessing.

Yesterday we received news about Brooke and Brad who both had multiple doctors visits, blood drawn and other tests last week. Brad had a CT scan Tuesday to reveal MULTIPLE kidney stones. Brooke tested positive for celiac disease. We will find out more on these results next week when they both go back to the doctor. I HOPE we can find the blessings in these new challenges.

6 comments:

kg said...

Having passed 1 kidney stone I can't imagine passing multiple. Good gravy that sounds awful. I hope they can laser those bad boys or something. As far as Brooke goes, I have some friends that have suffered from Celiac so if you would like to contact any of them for advice I can arrange it.

GinaM said...

Yes - please! It sounds like there are a lot of substitute products out there, but it is definitely going to be a big adjustment. She was most concerned with giving up Pop Tarts and Ranch dressing (which she eats on everything)! We are MOST happy she can still eat popcorn. I don't know if our family could even live without that!

Jen said...

I'm glad you were able to find out what is wrong with Brooke's stomach. I have a few recipes for ranch that may work - I will send them your way. Also, I had a lady in my anatomy class last year who was crazy baker for her son who had celiac. She made a lot of rice flour to bake cookies and bread. I will see if I can find her contact info. Can they laser out brad's kidney stones? I sure hope so. Take care

BMorgan said...

I meet with the Urologist next week so I will know more stuff then. Luckily right now it just feels like I pulled a muscle in my back so I can still get around and do stuff.

Julie T said...

Good grief. When it rains, it pours! Hopefully you can get these things taken care of soon. I can't believe you are the new Young Women's Pres. Do you ever get a break? I wish there was something I could go to help out. This week is the only full week Tyler has been here all month. I can't wait for Feb. to be over! We will continue to pray for your family.

Kim said...

Yeee. It is time for things to turn around and life to go back to the calm boring stuff. I am glad there is a diagnosis for Brooke, but will take some work to get things figured out. Hang in there, woman.