Monday, June 21, 2010

Anticipating...

(Or at least I know Dad has been!!)

After waiting over two months for my guest bloggers to write about their big events, I am giving up. I wanted Brandon to share some of his latest big days because he is a much more clever writer than me, but I figured you would rather get this sometime (with less excitement) than never so here we go...

20th Wedding Anniversary

It is hard to believe that Brad and I have hit that magic anniversary where I have been married as long as I had been single before marriage. Where does time go? No anniversary trip for us this year - not with a big family trip coming up. One of these years we will go to a nice anniversary spot. We are going to shoot for an off year - maybe 24th anniversary??

UPDATE on Brooke

Brooke has performed in a couple of concerts - getting a new acoustic/electric guitar recently (an early birthday present plus money she came up with herself after selling her old guitar to her sister). Brooke and Allie both participated in a vocal camp this summer and won the top prizes - Brooke won a song writing session with a local Utah artist and Allie won 2 free hours at a recording studio. Brooke actually scored on the deal because her sister was nice enough to give her the recording time for her birthday!! What a nice sister!!

Old Guitar



New Guitar (she insisted on a black one this time)



Westlake's First Annual Fine Arts Extravaganza. The drama department performed scenes from Camelot and Oklahoma.



UPDATE on Allie

Allie is now the proud owner of a new guitar, ukulele, violin and would like to add a few more to her "musical instrument" wall in her room. You may ask where she keeps her clothes and shoes? The answer is I don't know, but she definitely has her priorities straight! Allie participated in a couple of different things this Spring including Volleyball Camp at Westlake High and performed in her Spring Orchestra Concert. The volleyball camp was a lot of fun for Allie - her team came in 2nd place, and the Orchestra was MUCH improved from the concert earlier this year. I was even able to recognize the tune of "What do you do with a drunken sailor?" which I felt was a very interesting choice for a middle school orchestra concert!



More to come soon...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for the updates. I love seeing the pictures of your kids and hearing about what they are up to.