
Between my Young Women callings, I was called as Bear leader. Let's just say I was not so excited to be wearing a scout uniform. This was my "first" pack meeting as a new leader. Jared was earning his Wolf and moving on to Bears.

Before becoming a leader I was not so interested or excited about scouts. Poor Jared was lucky to have any badges on his uniform (Is it ok they were Brandon's old ones?). In fact, it was really not complete until I had to put the badges on my leader uniform before his was up-to-date. I had bad memories of sore fingers in trying to get them on for Brandon back in his cub days. Luckily I got to borrow the "Strong as Nails" glue from an "experienced" leader and wallah...no more sore fingers! Wish I would have found that YEARS AGO!
Maybe due to my non-love of scouts Jared felt it necessary to embarass me in front of the entire group as he was pinning my mother's pin on by telling EVERYONE that I had done NOTHING at all to help him earn his wolf. You can see mine and the other leader's amusement/nonamusement as we listened to his answer of what I had done to help him earn his wolf. I WILL have you know that is NOT TRUE!! I had done quite a lot!!

Although doing NOTHING to help Jared with his Wolf, the Sunday they sustained me he was THRILLED to find out I was going to be his leader and lucky for me I had a GREAT and well-trained partner. Shawna and I were able to get both our boys (and a few other boys) their Bear in less than five months before being released to go to young women's. Not bad!
Good thing Brad's the artist! That is his job to get him all painted up.
Great job Jared! We are proud of you!
1 comment:
Getting the boys through in 5 months is quite impressive. It sounds like you are a natural.
Post a Comment